Okay, so I had a bit of a scare yesterday. I was doing what the endocrinologist wanted me to do, and I took a whole pill of Glyburide ( Medication for gestational diabetes ) 30 minutes before eating supper. That was a very bad idea. I got dizzy, was really off balance, clammy, and saw dots in my vision. My blood sugars dropped to where they are supposed to be in the morning, after not eating all night, an hour after I ate. I had some food to try to raise my sugars, but the medicine was working really well, and it took 3 hours to get me back to where I could stand up, and not feel like I was going to fall over. The only problem with all of that was that I was home alone, so the lesson that I learned was that until I understand what the medication is going to do to me, I will only take it when there is someone around to help me, just in case. I'm doing better this morning, but will probably take it a bit slower today.
On a happier note, I cut out and finished a really cute dress for my little one yesterday, before all of the fun ensued with my body! The dress is a deep blue with dolphins swimming on it! I made it big, so she can wear it next summer when she will be walking/ running/ falling around! It really is too cute! I might have to figure out how to put pictures on here to show you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment